The Federal Highway Administration, Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD) in cooperation with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the U.S. Army Garrison Fort Belvoir and the County of Fairfax, Virginia selected the Joint Venture of Corman Construction and G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc. (Lead Contractor) and A. Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. (Lead Designer) Team for this design-build project.
The Corman-Wagman (CW) Team will self-perform the majority of the construction for this project. To supplement CW’s in-house abilities, the following subconsultants will be utilized:
- Quinn Consulting Services, Inc. – A SWBE firm who will provide independent Quality Assurance (QA) services.
A. Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc. (AMT) will utilize the services of several specialty engineering firms to provide specialized expertise. AMT will utilize the following subconsultants:
- Athavale, Lystad & Associates – A SB firm who will provide structural engineering services.
- Diversified Property Services – A SB firm who will provide right of way acquisition services.
- R.C. Goodwin & Associates – Will provide cultural resources engineering services.
- Robert Silman Associates – Will provide cultural resources engineering services.
- Sabra Wang – A SDB firm who will provide signalization and lighting engineering services.
- Schnabel Engineering – Will provide geotechnical engineering services.
- Straughn Environmental – Will provide acoustical engineering services.